Hey Battle Chefs!
A new update is fresh from the oven! We fixed some important bugs, applied a sparkling egg wash to the Forest, and generally made BCB better! [Steam Revision 13519 Switch R13403]
Read on for details:
Forest background update
- Eric traveled through the Forest, updating nearly all aspects of the illustrated arena background.
- Enjoy a quiet moment with the sleeping Dragon in its calming grove.
- Spy the looming Skyland above the clouds.
- Fixed control rebinding issue that prevented slidekick from being used nicely in combos.
- Thrash’s Consume radius has been expanded and is more reliable.
- Lantern Fruit now contains two Water gems. Using it for massive points now requires tactical stacking or Fragile-mitigating items like Wart’s Spatula.
- Challenge roll-over now syncs properly with the leaderboard roll-over.
- Made chests always spawn the same “random” sauce each day since they introduced RNG into a critical ingredient type.
- Removed consecutive-day bonus item awarding since we never explained it and it was only available for the first battle of that day. Everyone thought it was a bug.
- Removed items that only work with the Combo Pan from the rotation.
- The Judges’ Table candles are now lit during Brigade-sanctioned duels.
- Adjusted final boss AI dish targets to be slightly easier to account for the late-campaign chef changes.
- Load times have been improved. Some needless unload/load mismatches have been fixed as well as a few slow memory leaks.
- Fixed an issue where the Loadout panel would allow selection of invisible options.
- Fixed a few Chopping Board-related input issues. Usability improvements will be in the next patch.
- Moved objectives header in slightly so it doesn’t appear cut off.
- Now plays a VO clip when adjusting the VO volume in the Options menu.
- Fixed very loud music in Chapter 4 Briefing scenes.
- Added a new Safe Mode config option to help users with graphical issues.
Again, from the three of us at Trinket (and all the other folks who made Battle Chef Brigade possible), thank you! We can’t wait to show you the juicy updates we’ve been spending oodles of time on. The wait will be worth it!